Thank you for your interest in building a career with us. Please see below for any current employment opportunities available or continue to check back for other opening positions with Critical Power Products & Services. Your employment application can be submitted using the link found below.
Critical Power Products & Services LLC., is a leader in the industrial & commercial, critical
infrastructure industry. CPP&S buys and sells surplus and used commercial power generation &
cooling equipment all throughout North America. We currently have an opening for an
experienced Power Generation Technician. We are a disabled veteran owned company located
in Post Falls, Idaho
Our focus is on low-hour industrial diesel and natural gas generators that are 20 kW to 2000 kW
from top name brands like Cummins, Caterpillar, Kohler, Generac, MTU Onsite Energy and
more. CPP&S is one of North America’s largest dealers of used power generation equipment.
We are often looking to add top quality talent to the team see below for more on our standard
- Run load bank tests on diesel, natural gas and propane generators
- Diagnose and repair any issues found during initial testing
- Perform voltage changes on generators based on customer requirements
- Re-wire, adjust and install control panels and voltage regulators
- Adjust speed controls and various settings
- Change filters and perform standard service on units
- Work closely with the Shop Manager on project progress, estimates, etc.
- Assist in preparing generators for shipment as needed
- Assist with other duties as required
Job Requirement / Skills:
- In-depth understanding of diesel engine and/or generator technology
- Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of experience working with commercial power generators
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical issues on diesel, natural gas, and propane gensets
- Exceptional communication skills to work with team and customers directly on occasion
- Proficient with estimating time required to complete tasks
- Experience working with large industrial power generation equipment
- EGSA tech or other various certifications are a plus but not required
- Health, Dental, Paid Vacation and Holiday, plus a 401K with Employer Match
- Competitive Based on Experience
OTR Driver (Full-time)
Position: Critical Power Logistics is a local, growing, family-owned transportation and logistics company, looking for full-time OTR drivers based out of our headquarters in beautiful Post Falls, ID. We haul freight for our parent company, Critical Power Products & Services as well as for many other brokers utilizing all lanes in the lower 48. We strive to find strategic loads that get our drivers on the road and profitable while having the ability to manage our schedule and curtail it to our performance needs. As a company, we are healthy and growing while priding ourselves in providing the highest level of customer service. Our loads are generally 99% no touch, outside of securement to DOT standards. Current equipment consists of Peterbilt conventional sleeper trucks, as well as newer Peterbilt heavy spec models.
- Lanes are nationwide and are dispatched to maintain the highest profitability to the company and driver’s while providing the best working environment that we can.
- These lanes can and will require driver to be gone 2-3 weeks and weekends including 34-hour resets. Driver’s home schedule can be accommodated with discussion, but on average we are looking at being home one week a month. Longer road time is available to those drivers that would like to be gone longer and prefer to stay on the road.
- Drivers will be responsible for inspections and reporting of mechanical items and safety issues with each vehicle. To stay ahead of major issues, we require staying on top of preventative maintenance.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive wages and pay scales, based on driving experience and years worked in the industry.
- Steady work throughout the year.
- Quality Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans available for full-time employees.
- A 401-K retirement plan is available with company contributions.
Required Skills & Functions:
- Class A drivers must be able to provide a good driving abstract.
- Must be 21+ Years of Age and have 12+ Months of Experience.
- Heavy Haul RGN & Lowboy Experience is not Required, but Incredibly Valuable.
- Physically fit enough to secure all loads and maintain the cleanliness of the equipment.
- OTR and mountain driving experience is a plus.
- Drivers must understand all DOT driving laws and regulations.
- Job offers are based on passing a DOT drug and alcohol test as required by law.
- Must have good customer service skills and the ability to represent our Company well to the public.
- Complete work in a timely manner as assigned by the dispatcher. As quick as possible while maintaining the highest safety standards.
- Ensure trucks are complete with enough load securement material to tackle any load.
- Keep foreign objects clean and clear of the truck before driving.
- Complete daily trucking reports and electronic logbooks.
- Communicate with dispatch regarding potential problems or errors.
- Communicate with customers regarding pickup and drop off times.
- Ensure the trucks are kept clean and tidy.
- Perform general maintenance on trucks during work hours including but not limited to checking fuel and oil levels as well as tire pressures and lighting.
Project Manager/Inside Sales
We are seeking candidates which can demonstrate previous experience and success in the sales and project management roles. The following job description is the basis for thriving achievement in meeting your “Inside Sales” career goals at Critical Power Products & Services.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Prospect, penetrate and create new relationships with prospective clients.
- Convert prospects into customers using strong negotiation and closing skills.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Work in a fast pace telephone sales environment with ability to multitask and have fun!
- Manage the various stages of projects. (We will train and mentor you.)
The ideal candidate:
- History of top sales performance.
- Has strong work ethic, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Is self-motivated with strong computer skills.
- Has knowledge of CRM platform and integration with sales process.
- Has proven experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Exemplifies resourcefulness, creativity and attention to details.