Prime and Standby generators are subject to emissions standards set by the EPA. These standards govern exhaust emissions from diesel-powered generators, specifically oxides of nitrogen (NOx), hydrocarbons (HC), carbon monoxide (CO) and diesel particulate matter (DPM). Compliance can be tricky, but new clean emissions products come on the market every year.
At Critical Power Exchange, we are proud to offer Stationary Engine Catalytic Converters to our customers to help them reduce their exhaust pollution. These converters can help you attain compliance with the EPA, RICE NESHAP or EPA Tier 3 or 4 emission standards.
Catalysts Available From Critical Power Exchange
CPE offers three types of catalysts to help your business reduce emissions.
- CRT Catalysts. Reduces CO by up to 99%, HC by up to 90%, and DPM by up to 95-99%. Regenerates and cleans itself automatically.
- NSCR (3 Way) Catalyst. Reduces CO by up to 99%, HC by up to 90%, and NOx by up to 99%. Easily removed if cleaning or maintenance is required.
- Oxidation Catalyst. Reduces CO by up to 99%, HC by up to 90%, DPM by up to 88%, and NOx by up to 30%. Easily removed for cleaning and maintenance, if necessary.
All three of these catalysts are:
- Suitable for use on either Prime or Standby generators,
- Have a lifespan of 5-15 years depending on generator use,
- Are designed to be maintenance-free once installed,
- Are manufactured from premium grade 304 Stainless Steel,
- Are designed for quick installation, and
- Are available in inline, flanged, QuickCat and muffler configurations.
Achieve Tier 4 Compliance with Catalytic Converters from Critical Power Exchange
Generator emission standards have been increasing since their implementation began in 2006. Now in 2015, we are fully into Tier 4, the final and strictest phase of compliance. Technology has changed and many new generators are coming off the factory line already in compliance with standards, but generators last a long time, even more so if they are used for standby purposes only. That means there are plenty of older machines in great condition that don’t meet Tier 4 standards. Add-on engine catalytic converters can help business that operate these older machines achieve compliance for far less cost than buying a new or used generator.
To learn more about the different types of catalytic converters available for generators, contact Critical Power Exchange at 877-315-4176.